BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivation

4 posters

Go down

Motivation Empty Motivation

Post  Kait Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:13 pm

How do you get motivated to get up and go to the gym?

Sometimes when I'm feeling fat- all I want to do is sit around and wallow in self-pity. I convince myself that the gym will make me weigh more because I'll be gaining muscle. LOL what a freak~
Kait
Kait
Admin

http://thin.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Motivation Empty Re: Motivation

Post  MordSithAmy Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:32 pm

Well if gaining muscle is a worry - then exclude protein from your diet. It's a task - coz there's protein in more things than you think.
and you can find a lot of nutritional information by just searching on google, or having a nose about on fitday.com along with numerous other similar websites like thedailyplate.com and they have built in nutritional info into the search engines, but be wary!

(- sometimes theyre a bit off! like for some reason it thinks that milkshake is 400cals for 250ml. this could be referring to McDonalds' milkshakes but it offers no alternative milkshakes to this on fitday.com, or at least they are hard to find!)

A good way of getting motivation is to find some songs on your computer/iTunes/mp3.. whatever you have, that REALLY motivate you, or really make you want to move or dance Smile i have quite a few faves ^_^

Also daily logging of what you eat/weigh CAN be motivating - and that way there's more thought into every bite you take. But if you're lacking a bit of control - and you want to stop yourself from doing something silly - a thick elastic band worn round the wrist is helpful. Just snap it lightly everytime you get the urge.

Also: goals are important. you need something to move towards, Or youd just feel like youre going.. well nowhere! And of course treating yourself is great for when you reach those goals. Say.. when you get to gw3 go and get yourself a professional spray tan, or if you lose those 1lb more than you did last week, go and get yourself a DVD player.. or say a new bag.. or anything fabricate that you will ENJOY!

[ill stop the babbling now girls ><]
MordSithAmy
MordSithAmy

Back to top Go down

Post  prideinana Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:46 pm

If I cant get my arse upto go for a jog, I stick on 10 minute pilates videos from youtube. They still burn but its easier to fit them in around the day. Smile
prideinana
prideinana

http://www.myspace.com/atleastpippalovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Kait Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 am

I listen to the band Girl Talk when I work out. He's a DJ that mixes music and it's all very upbeat and gets me going like no other. Wink

I highly recommend!
Kait
Kait
Admin

http://thin.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  vitrescent Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:14 pm

once i do it every day for a week or so, its a habit for me.
vitrescent
vitrescent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum