BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking the Fast/Binge Cycle

2 posters

Go down

Breaking the Fast/Binge Cycle Empty Breaking the Fast/Binge Cycle

Post  Kait Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:03 pm

How?
Kait
Kait
Admin

http://thin.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Fast/Binge Cycle Empty Re: Breaking the Fast/Binge Cycle

Post  Kait Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:14 pm

Kait wrote:How?

Crying or Very sad
Kait
Kait
Admin

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Fast/Binge Cycle Empty 17 but feeling 30 >_>

Post  MordSithAmy Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Fasting is addictive and if youre naturally competitive then it's always "one more day"... but eventually you have to come off it lest your metab... lest it dies on you and comes to a stop, and that can be very painful after a few days - understandable. I dont wanna sound too know-it-all now, but it's best - in my opiinion - to come off a fast with thicker liquids, and the introduction of a little fruit and fibre supplements and veg.

Bingeing's really the tricky one. It's all about mindset for me. Youve either got the will power or you havent. It all depends on when you REALISE what is happening. And then it's restricting - and no fasting for at least a few weeks, so you dont want to binge from a sudden lack of food. Well unless you have determination and strength of iron ^_^ and I'm VERY jealous of those people!

My.. i feel a bit hypocritical now.. only come off bingeing 2 months ago... darn xmas, and being happy >< it's temporarily deluding!!
MordSithAmy
MordSithAmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kait Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:06 pm

MordSithAmy wrote:Fasting is addictive and if youre naturally competitive then it's always "one more day"... but eventually you have to come off it lest your metab... lest it dies on you and comes to a stop, and that can be very painful after a few days - understandable. I dont wanna sound too know-it-all now, but it's best - in my opiinion - to come off a fast with thicker liquids, and the introduction of a little fruit and fibre supplements and veg.

Bingeing's really the tricky one. It's all about mindset for me. Youve either got the will power or you havent. It all depends on when you REALISE what is happening. And then it's restricting - and no fasting for at least a few weeks, so you dont want to binge from a sudden lack of food. Well unless you have determination and strength of iron ^_^ and I'm VERY jealous of those people!

My.. i feel a bit hypocritical now.. only come off bingeing 2 months ago... darn xmas, and being happy >< it's temporarily deluding!!

lol THANKS MOM! j/k That was actually really helpful and helped me put things into perspective. cat
Kait
Kait
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down